Thursday, October 1, 2009

Perfect Roast Chicken & More Roasted Carrots (AKA - the last supper!)


Well as Daniel stated "This was the last supper!"

We had my former boss over last Thursday, 9/25, (yes the night I went into labor! that's why it's the "last supper":)) for dinner so I was bold and thought I'd make the roast carrots and chicken. I usually don't like to serve people something I've never made just in case it turns out bad but this turned out really good!

I'm a little phobic when it comes to raw chicken so I think this will be only a weekend dish so Daniel can help me because I think I washed my hands/arms about six times through the process of preparing it. Just having to touch the chicken then the salt/pepper and then turn it over etc. made for a lot of handwashing!

As someone else stated the gravy makes the dish. Although mine was a bit salty for my taste but I think it was because when I was salting the chicken it fell into the bottom of the pan. So next time I might prep it on a cutting board and then put in the baking dish. I baked the chicken for the 1.5 hours and then turned the oven down to 400 and put the carrots in while I made the gravy which worked out perfect.

I also served with mashed potatoes because you gotta have potatoes to pour the gravy on! We all loved it and I think Isaiah loved it the most because he decided he wanted to come out and meet the chef!:)

4 comments:

Shannon Boyer said...

So fun!

Darby Hawley said...

Wow Haylee, I'm super impressed! Not only does that look like a great meal, but you're already back to block and little Isaiah isn't even a week old yet. Go girl!
Hope y'all are doing well!

Carissa said...

I am also so impressed that you are posting your recipes...since you must be sleep deprived and all!

Morgan said...

so funny! this meal will always remind you of the night you went into labor!