Tuesday, October 13, 2009

cheddar-dill scones



So I think I am the last one doing this blog to try making scones and I must say they are not difficult and these were really, really good. Flaky and soft on the inside, crusty on the outside. I only used 1/2 cup dill as I had only purchased one container and I think it was plenty. Used grated cheddar instead of small-diced. Forgot to put on the egg wash but they still browned nicely. As usual, the recipe made a lot of scones! I think I made 28 good sized scones. Ate some, shared some, froze some.

3 comments:

Haylee said...

hey Lou Ann.....you're not the only one that hadn't tried scones...I haven't either but really want to especially the maple ones.:)
quick question for you. When you froze some did you freeze them cooked or raw?

Lou Ann Chae said...

Haven't actually frozen them yet - will freeze what is left after dinner tonight. But yes, I went ahead and cooked them all. Had one with lunch today and they are definitely best right out of the oven. Can't wait to try the maple ones next!

Haylee said...

Thanks Lou Ann! I'll have to freeze some when I make mine b/c I use to take all my leftover goodies to work but since I'm not working any longer my co-workers can't be my human garbage disposal!:)