Thursday, October 15, 2009

Humble Pie

This recipe is not in the book but it is what I had for dinner last night!

I think perhaps we have Ina overdose in my home. I admit we had a lot of Ina last night - 3 recipes - but they were all leftovers.

Our dinner conversation began with, "Mom, when are you going to go back to cooking the old way?" This comment came from my 13 year old daughter.

Wisely, my husband and son did not make any comment although they had a hard time keeping the grins off their faces.

I have so enjoyed cooking and blogging from Barefoot Contessa and must admit that I have been proud of the many new dishes I have served my family. They have not all been keepers but I have loved the variety as I get so tired of cooking the same old thing over and over.

A few things I have learned: God gives us kids to keep us humble! It's that brutal honesty they are blessed with! (FYI...never go shopping for a swimsuit with your daughter...and I mean never!) And children (and husbands) don't take well to change!

Frances again, "But seriously Mom, when are you going to be done with this book?"

Didn't have the heart to tell her I may even cook through another cookbook when this one is done!

P.S. We are not having Ina for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

Carissa said...

I was sad thinking that you were about to tell us that you were quitting! Maybe just spread Ina out a bit! You are already ahead of most in the number of recipes that you have made, you can afford a little vacation from Ina. :)

Lou Ann Chae said...

Oh I'll keep cooking!! Eventually they will have to like something new! Everytime I think about dinner last night I just laugh out loud! Mainly because I was feeling so good about all my new efforts and I got smacked down!! Don't worry, I'm up and going strong!

Stacey said...

Oh, I had to laugh, too! Kids, you never know what they are going to say! I am definitely going to take your advice about not taking a daughter swim suit shopping with me! :)))