Monday, October 12, 2009

Peach and Raspberry Crisp

Tonight was Ina Garten night at our house- made 3 of her recipes and we enjoyed all of them.

I had a bag of frozen peaches and frozen raspberries already, so this was cheap for me to make. I had all of the rest of the ingredients as well. I ran the peaches under warm water for about 5 minutes to defrost them a bit. The raspberries I kept frozen.

I went to get my hand mixer out and realized we have already moved it to the new house, so I did the crust the "Food Network" way, by digging in with my hands and crumbling it together. It worked very well.
Right before serving, I put it back in the oven under the broiler for about 3 minutes to "crisp" it. We all enjoyed the crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Next time, I will cut the crisp topping in half- I had way too much.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

looks delicious and sounds easy, too! Will have to try this.

Carissa said...

I agree about the topping, I had 2x as much as I needed when I made it.

Darby Hawley said...

You have been busy in the kitchen! This looks delicious!

Carissa said...

Darby, I am impressed that you are checking in on the blog at 5:15 in the morning...that is a dedicated blogger! :)