Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Curry Couscous

This was another really easy recipe and boy was it a hit at my house.....Danny finally said, "I think you CAN cook!!". After all the great meals I've cooked over the years, it finally clicks that I might just be able to cook! Oh boy.....

He also said that this tasted like his mom's cooking, hence the curry!! (for those that don't know, Danny is Indian), which then made me think that he only realized I could cook when I made a dish that tasted like his mom's cooking...It all started to come together!!

I guess we all think that our moms are the best chefs we know, just because that's what we ate for so much of our lives. I've probably been making food that is similar to what my mom cooks, but because it wasn't familiar enough for Danny, he never saw it as great! This cookbook has made me a STAR in my kitchen, so I'm sticking to it!!

Back to the food....I made the full recipe and used grated carrot, onion and craisins with all the other suggested seasonings, including the curry. It really was a great dish and was not overpowered by the curry. This probably made 6 servings. I paired it with baked salmon that was seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon and herb seasoning......perfect match. Danny stirred it all together and made his own signature dish!!!




1 comment:

Carissa said...

You make this dish sound so yummy! That is funny about Danny liking it because of his mom's cooking. I read it to Adam, and he got a kick out of it too!