Friday, October 2, 2009

Roasted Chicken with Roasted Carrots

My mom was in town last week and I so I rolled out the red carpet in the kitchen for her. :) The first night we had roasted chicken with roasted carrots. First I took out all of the giblets - yuck! Next I propped the chicken in the corner of my roasting pan to be able to get the salt and pepper into the cavity.
I got all the butter slathered on with more seasoning and stuffed the helpless chicken. :)

After roasting in the oven, it was a beautiful golden brown. I will say that for all of the time that it took I thought it tasted good, but not fabulous. I think I will stick to just buying a rotissiere chicken at the store already done.

I attempted to make the gravy, but I'm pretty sure it flopped since it was thick and gloppy. :) I got confused with the directions. Ina said to take out all but 2 Tbsp of fat, which I did, but it didn't seem like there was enough liquid to make a gravy.

The roasted carrots with dill were easy and very yummy!!

4 comments:

Lou Ann Chae said...

Looks yummy! My gravy was delicious when I roasted my chicken but I did use all the liquid in the bottom of the pan. It was not greasy and tasted great!

Janice Johnson said...

the raw chicken on the chicken tray through me for a minute there!

Ruth Lee said...

I promise I washed the cutting board thoroughly after I had the raw chicken on it. :)

Janice Johnson said...

no, it wasn't that--I couldn't tell what was chicken picture and what was real chicken! But it was an appropriate tray though for chicken!