Monday, October 12, 2009

Caramelized Butternut Squash

I'm about 2 weeks late with this post, but I figured better late than never! In honor of Fall, I decided to make the caramelized butternut squash a couple weeks ago. I have never eaten butternut squash so I almost didn't do it...but then decided to try something new. I think a few others have made this dish and mentioned how time consuming it was to peel and prepare the squash....well I totally agree! It took me quite a while to get it peeled and cut up, but then again, I don't have a good peeler or good knives! I Googled how to peel a butternut squash and found this helpful write-up:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_peel_and_cut_a_butternut_squash/

I like how it suggests to toast the seeds like you would pumpkin seeds. I only did one squash instead of two, so I didn't have many seeds. That is a fun idea, though!

All of the ingredients:


Peeled and cut in half:




Scooping out the seeds:





All cut up:



Finished product:



Overall, this recipe was just "ok" to us. To me, it was more work than it was worth.

No comments: