Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lobster Pot Pie and Roasted Fennel with Parmesan

The Lobster Pot Pie was a huge success. My husband said multiple times how much he enjoyed it, and I thought it was excellent as well.

I used the packs of already cooked Lobster meat that I found at HEB, I used two of them. I didn't buy enough clam juice, so I filled in with water which was probably good I didn't want it to have too much of a fishy taste. I substituted White Wine for Pernod. I didn't add the frozen onions, because I'm not really a fan. And I used a bag of mixed veggies because that is what I had in my freezer. I really liked it with all the veggies, not just peas.

I bought a sheet of frozen pastry dough and was very happy with it. I just didn't think I had time to prep the filling and make the dough.

While making it I realized that I had a ton, so I ended up make 2 smaller ones. I put one in the freezer, so we have another one to look forward to.



Since, I had extra Fennel that I didn't use in the Pot Pie I decided to make the Roasted Fennel with Parmesan . They were super easy to make. I thought they were okay, but husband didn't like them very much and my boys didn't even touch them. So, I don't think I'll be making those again. Sorry the picture didn't come out very well.

No comments: