Tuesday, October 13, 2009

spinach pie

Hey, this one actually looks like the picture in the cookbook!

My husband really liked this although I thought it was really spinachy (is that a word?) I made only about 2/3 of the filling just because.

Just so you know, you have to let the phyllo dough defrost before you can use it - I didn't read carefully and had everything ready to go but frozen dough! Recipe said to neatly fold the edges up and over the top to seal in the filling...had to fudge a little on that because there was not much extra on the sides so I just put a couple more sheets over the top.

Have a lot of phyllo dough left over...any suggestions on what to do with it other than baklava???

2 comments:

portamenteff said...

That looks sooo good. can I come over for Thanksgiving?

Julia said...

I've been dying to make this, though I admittedly love spinach. yours looks picture perfect! for some reason I am really into cream cheese and would probably look up a recipe involving it wrapped in phyllo dough, does that sound strange? :)