Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Version of Scones...Cinnamin Raisin

I was feeling brave and wanted some scones, but the only dried fruit I had was raisins. So I followed the recipe, except added 1/2 cup of sugar and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar to the dough. Before I put them in the oven, I also sprinkled the top of each scone with a little sugar and Cinnamon. I was really pleased with the way they turned out...flaky and crispy, a little sweet, and soo many! I froze and gave some away. I am going to make the cheddar dill scones sometime this weekend, but need to figure out how to cut out some of the butter these call for. If I keep cooking with all the butter Ina loves, I am going to have my Christmas 10 pounds on before December even gets here!

2 comments:

Lou Ann Chae said...

It is starting to scare me that I don't even flinch at putting the amount of butter she calls for in her recipes! Have to say though that it sure makes those scones yummy and flaky! Let us know if you figure out a way to reduce the butter!!

Stacey said...

yes, the butter is delicious, but my jeans are not thinking the same! :) Will let you know if I figure out a sbustitute.