Monday, October 19, 2009

Lime Curd Tart

Great minds must think alike because I (with the help of my mom) made this Thursday night as well. However, I'm not sure we made the same dish:)

My mom was here for a week helping with and playing with her new and first grandbaby! And I was getting antsy to cook something from the cookbook as I like to cook and feel like I'm so behind. So with my moms help I thought we'd attempt the lime tart.

The problems Carissa had were not our problems at all. She stated she had crumbly dough we had a gloppy sticky mess. We even used about 1/2c more flour to try to thicken it but that didn't help much. I used my hands and just tried to smooth it in the pan....which did work but very messy! My mom suggested next time to maybe only use 2 sticks of butter rather than the 3...
Also, ours was very limey! But I did do the lime zest in the food processor and left it in the mix so maybe that makes a difference...??

We didn't have a thermometer so we just kept stirring and stirring....30 minutes later it was at the thickenss we thought it should be!

All in all it was good....I think I'd do lemon next time just preference.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I bet you are right...I bet leaving the zest in makes it more limey..mine had a very mild lime flavor. I did thaw out the little tarts that I had frozen and they were just as good. So, if you can't eat all of your tart, pop the leftovers in the freezer!

Haylee said...

WE are piggies! We ate it all...last piece last night! I thought it was interesting that she says not even to put it in the fridge....we did though and it was still good.