Thursday, October 22, 2009

Turkey Meat Loaf

I took the advice from others and cut the recipe in half. Even the half-sized loaf was quite large especially for only two people. After the loaf had been in the oven for about an hour, I took a peak at it and noticed some…..I guess I will call it “goo,” around the edges of the loaf. At this point I went through the ingredients to make sure that I had included everything. Since I had included everything, I rushed to the blog to see what others had said about it; I guess that is the point of the blog, right?! I read that Julia had the same experience so I felt better about that. So even though I had purchased the leanest ground turkey from the butcher, it still had a little nastiness around the loaf. All-in-all, the meatloaf was ok; it wasn’t horrible, but it was probably the blandest version of meatloaf that I have ever tried. Because it looked a bit nasty I only took a picture of the final product.
Turkey meatloaf with corn and salad (page 138)

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I have to admit after all the so so reviews, I'm not as pumped about making the meatloaf. Stacey, you said that your family liked it...did you do something special to it?

Janice Johnson said...

I can't figure out how Ina could serve this at her resteraunte if it was so questionably good?? I too, am not excited about making this...But it does sound like kids who don't like strong flavors might like it...or maybe elderly people that need a bland diet...