Sunday, October 11, 2009

Strawberry Scones...

The scones after baking.....
The scones before baking.....
As you can see, I dont' know much about blogging. I just uploaded my picts and they uploaded backwards of how I chose them! :)
I have heard so many people rave about Ina's scones, so I had to join the band wagon and make some. I loved them! They didn't turn out as firm as I thought, and were really more like a strawbery flavored short bread, but the taste was yummy and buttery and delicious. I added 3/4 cup of sugar to make them sweeter and I used fresh strawberries, thus the reason that they spread so much when they baked. The recipe calls for dried strawberries, but the fresh ones I used have so much more liquid and juice in them. So maybe this is why they baked the way they did. I am guessing. Anyway, the amount of sugar was good. I am definitely going to make these again.

No comments: