Friday, October 9, 2009

Caramelized Butternut Squash

I also made this dish last night and I completely agree with Stacey. I had never cooked, tasted, or even seen butternut squash before this and I was struggling with it (I posted a picture below in case you are like me and don’t even know what it looks like). Maybe my knives were dull? Maybe I don’t know how to buy ripe butternut squash? Maybe I simply had no idea what I was doing? (That last question is most likely the most accurate reason for why I struggled with this dish.) If you notice the picture below, there are two; I had every intention to cook both of them, but it was too hard for me to peel and cut even one, so I only cooked half of one and used only a quarter of all of the ingredients (omitting salt and pepper). The flavor was unique, but not in a bad way. I might cook this again if someone enlightens me on tricks-of-the-trade for butternut squash.

No comments: