Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Corn Chowder

This soup was really easy to make and very yummy!! I used fresh corn, potatoes, carrots and onion. I think the fresh corn is a must for this soup!! I only made half the recipe, which fed 6 people (as an appetizer) with plenty leftover for the next few days. I'm not sure I was very strict to the measurements as far as the vegetables go....I just added what I thought was good. The recipe really didn't call for much "cooking" time and I found that in order for the corn to get soft enough and for the potatoes to get crumbly enough to help thicken the sauce, it needed alot more boiling time than was recommended. I think all in all I probably left the soup boiling for at least 20 more minutes than was called for before adding the cream and cheese. We had a few friends over from our S2S class and they thought it was delicious! Definitely a keeper!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Adam has a funny rule...that you can't eat soup unless it is cold outside. So I have had to hold off on all of Ina's soups. This is the first soup recipe I plan on trying as soon as we get our next cold snap. It was so good at our potluck.