Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Sugar Snap Pea Make-Over




I made the Sesame Sugar Snap Peas, not real impressed. So I took the advice of Amy's husband and added the red wine vinegar and salt. It was better, but not better enough for me. I kept looking at the huge 2 lbs bag of sugar snap peas (from Cosco) on my counter wondering who was gonna eat all those, cuz it wasn't gonna be me.

Then it occurred to me that it was the raw taste that bothered me, so I Googled.."How to steam sugar snap peas". I found a recipe that was simple...fill a pan with 1/2 inch of water, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter (I did a little less), and a teaspoon of sugar, boil, then throw in the peas, turn down to a simmer and cover for 3 minutes, drain and sprinkle with salt. So I did just that!
the result.....LOVED THEM! I gobbled them right up, and then threw in another handful in the pan. They were sweet, still crunchy, and a very lovely bright green color. So, for those of you looking to use up the rest of your bag of peas...try it out. I'm finishing off my 2nd bowl as I type.
--Carissa

No comments: