Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shortbread Hearts and Pecan Shortbread

Since these were so similar I made them both. I followed these recipes exactly with all of Carissa’s suggestions, (i.e. rolling the dough on wax paper, only taking out of the refrigerator what you can cook at that moment, only rolling the dough ¼ inch thick, etc). This recipe makes a lot of cookies…..seriously a lot! I took about 30 cookies to a friend, have about 30 cookies at my house cooked, and probably enough dough in my freezer for another 30+ cookies! The recipe probably makes so many because they are just so delicious; I can’t stop eating them. These are yummy and will be great for the holidays.
Shortbread “Hearts” and Pecan Shortbread
(page 177 and 181) as pumpkins, leaves, and acorns.

7 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

Your pictures are very attractive. I love your cookies cutters--I love anything with leaves...

Carissa said...

Aren't you so creative! I agree, this recipe makes alot, I am still eating off my stash in the freezer.
Great photos!

Morgan said...

I made these too and you are right...can't stop eating them! Love your pics!

Lou Ann Chae said...

Those look amazing!! Haven't tried them yet but I'm going to guess they have tons of butter in them!!

Stacey said...

beautiful cookies and great pictures! Like the fall shapes, too. :)

Karolena said...

those are so cute!

Ruth Lee said...

Love your display of the cookies!