Monday, October 5, 2009

Crab cakes

So I don't think I should post the picture of my crab cakes because my presentation is unrefined, to say the least... this is the best (and only presentable) one:


I halved the recipe and it only made 9-ish crab cakes, so I think maybe I made them the wrong size. Everything seemed to go well until the frying. I got frustrated trying to keep them circular and together. They kept wanting to fall apart, and either it seemed like I burnt them or I tried to flip them too early and they fell apart. I'm not so sure about the crab cake carnage... but they tasted good, and the sauce was not-quite-as-good-as tartar sauce. James liked it.

2 comments:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I love this blog so much I can hardly stand it, clever ladies. I'll follow your scrumptious blog with open delight.
All my best,
Simone

Darby Hawley said...

The same thing happened to me! Mine were so embarrasing I couldn't even post them. I think I need to try it again....but I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this problem!