Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Roasted Baby Pumpkins

These are just so cute! I made these yesterday when it rained on and off all day. I scooped out the middle of the pumpkins and put store-bought applesauce in the middle while they were roasting. I did add a teaspoon or so to the pumpkins and didn't use as much salt as she mentioned or pepper. The verdict....like the novelty of it and was soo fun for my girls, but didn't care for the pumpkins themselves too much. However, I would make them again as a fun fall treat for my girls. I can't tell you how many times I refilled them with more applesauce only to be devoured again!

1 comment:

Ruth Lee said...

Did you buy the mini pumpkins at the store? When I went to buy the pumpkins, the mini ones had a tag on them that said they were non edible.