Friday, October 23, 2009

The Disappearing Orange Yogurt

This yogurt was wonderful! It went so fast, I already wish I had more. If you like your yogurt really sweet, you may think this is a little too un-sweet. But I usually buy plain yogurt anyway, so my kids thought they were having dessert! It really had a wonderful citrus flavor. I don't know if the draining of the yogurt was really that important. I left my overnight and got maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons of liquid drained out. I only added 1/4 cup orange juice, so it would stay thick, and it still had plenty of flavor. Instead of honey I used Agave Nectar. It is a lighter version of honey and better for you. We use it instead of honey on most everything. See the picture below.
Here is Evelyn eating her third bowl for breakfast! The girls and I ate the whole quart in 1 day!
I just added the raisins and nuts on top of mine instead of mixing them in.
--Carissa

2 comments:

Haylee said...

wow Carissa....I guess I've never really noticed but Evelyn sure does look like you in that picture!! so cute! just had to tell you that!

Stacey said...

I was just thinking that Evelyn is a little Carissa! She is so adorable! The yogurt sounds so yummy.