Monday, October 12, 2009

Guacamole

I made this appetizer for the potluck on Saturday night. In our house the avocado master is my husband. He makes guacamole all the time and is an avocado aficionado. I was nervous to try Ina’s recipe because I had a connoisseur taste-testing for me. But, apparently there wasn’t anything to be nervous about. It was a really simple and fast dish to make, that disappeared even faster.
According to Ina, Haas are the best avocados and here is a link on how to pick the perfect avocados: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NAH/is_3_33/ai_104836639/
This is a picture of the size and color avocados that I used.
Guacamole page 50
I have found that after refrigerating left-over guacamole it turns brown and isn’t very pretty. To store your left-overs (should you have any) cover the guacamole with saran wrap, pressing the plastic down so that it is actually touching the guacamole.

2 comments:

Karolena said...

a hint - if you leave the pit of the avocado in the guacamole it will stay green

Carissa said...

I love a chunky guacamole, so this got 2 thumbs up from me!