Friday, October 30, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

I made a double batch of this dip so I could be sure we'd have enough to feed our small group friends on Wednesday night.  We served it with a variety of raw vegetables, including asparagus, squash, carrots, and sliced bell peppers, and also chips and crackers.  Overall, it was a hit with the group.  Of course, if you're not one who gets too excited about things with a tomato flavor, then this might not be the dip for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Our small group devoured probably just a little more than 1 full recipe, so I had enough left over to take to my in-laws as an appetizer for a birthday dinner Friday night. 

On my husband's suggestion, I did add a little extra tabasco sauce to the recipe, and I liked the extra kick that it gave the dip.  I also used reduced fat mayo, sour cream, and cream cheese, and didn't notice any deficit in flavor or taste.  My waist thanks you for the tip on that, Lou Ann.  This recipe was extremely easy and very tasty.  I especially like that it can be made ahead of time.  This will be a recipe I'll definitely be making again.


1 comment:

Morgan said...

loved it! thanks for making it for small group!