Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Banana Crunch Muffins

These banana crunch muffins, though lacking in crunch, turned out great for us! After a few alterations I ended up with more like a breakfast muffin than dessert (which was the goal, after hearing some of the previous reviews). I used some granola I had made a while back, and it didn't have any of the big pieces that hers does. Plus, I coarse ground the walnuts since my 1 1/2 year old spits out anything bigger, so that's why they weren't crunchy (I assume). Here is my 1/2 pound of butter...

And I think the butter was the reason these were so good... I hadn't made a full-fat muffin in so long I forgot what I was missing! Since I knew the kids would be eating the majority of these, I used half all-purpose & half whole wheat flour and decreased the sugar from 2 cups to 1-1/4 cups, which was perfect since my ripe bananas and granola were also sweet. I did use unsweetened coconut in the mix, and topped them with that as well. Despite the face, they were a great after-naptime snack! I swear that kid is like Calvin, I can't get a decent shot of him for the life of me!


2 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

As long as there is always a truck beside their plate, we know all is well....:)

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you can decrease the sugar and sub in whole wheat flour also. I will use both tips when I make these this weekend!