Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grilled Lemon Chicken and Satay Dip, sort of!

Satay Dip....sort of! I had so many substitutions and deletions, not sure what to call it! I had already made the chicken and it was marinating when I tackled this dip. I realized I didn't have as many ingredients for it as I thought. What I didn't use: sesame oil, red onion, ginger root, sherry, and lime juice. What I added: onion powder, cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar. It's funny...thanks to prior Asian food and pizza deliveries, I had packets of soy sauce and red pepper flakes! And thanks to some garlic hummus in my fridge with about 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic on top, I had garlic to add to the dip!! So you are guessing how it turned out? No to good with good reason. I'm sure it would have been better if I would have followed the recipe, but my pantry didn't allow it. Even my "sauce master" hubby couldn't spruce it up enough to like it. But it was still fun trying!
I made 5 boneless breast of grilled lemon chicken. I ended up pan grilling them on our stove. The marinade was very easy and took about 10 minutes to make. I let the chick marinate for 6 hours before grilling. I served it as a breast with roasted carrots and a salad. The meat was so tender and tasty. I really enjoyed the flavor. It had an even stronger flavor today when I had the leftovers. I really liked it and so did my Mema!

No comments: