Monday, October 12, 2009

not quite lamb puffed pastry


What do I always get on to my students about? Not reading carefully! Instead of lamb I used pork sausage, on purpose, but then had to make my own "coils," not on purpose. Ah well, it turned out fine. I figured it was a good experience to blog about, so here's a picture.




The rolling and everything went fine. I remembered after the fact about someone mentioning it being difficult to separate the second sheet of warm and mushy pastry dough if you leave it out on the counter while you make the first roll. It was indeed. If only I learned from other people's blog posts. Experience is the best teacher, they say.

Ok, and here's the final product:

It was tasty and so easy, I may make it again sometime. We had it for dinner with a side of green beans and enough left over for lunch sometime.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

looks like they turned out beautifully! I liked this dish when I made it, too. So easy.

Carissa said...

I have to admit I am a little surprized that this worked...rolling your own sausage. I guess it got stiff once it cooked? It just seems like it would be so flimsy and squishy. I'm always impressed with a cook that can improvise. Good job!