Monday, October 26, 2009

Maple Oatmeal Scones - HELP

I made the maple oatmeal scones last week. I halved the recipe, everything but the sugar which I kept at the full amount of 2 tablespoons. Since the glaze is so sweet they were plenty sweet enough for me and mine. However, did anyone else have very wet dough? Luckily I made the dough the night before and tried to cut it into circles but it was so sticky and runny that it was pretty much impossible. I left it in a big disc shape and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning I just scored it into wedges and baked it like that. The taste was really good but they weren't as pretty as pre-cut circles or triangles. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

1 comment:

Karolena said...

My dough was very sticky and I was short on time and didn't want to try to roll it out even with tons of flour. So I scooped the dough and plopped it onto the parchment paper like spoonfuls of cookie dough. It flattened out and after some refrigeration I cooked them. They looked a little odd, but I needed to cut them smaller anyway to serve a lot of people.