Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brownie Mishap!

So, I made the so called Outrageous Brownies, and as they were in the oven, which took a while to get them there, since there were many steps to the recipe, I took my time cleaning up the kitchen. As I got to the last pile of dishes on the counter I came across a bowl of flour...hmm...that is right, it appears I was trying to make flour-less brownies! The brownies had been in the oven about 15 minutes, so I yanked them out and stirred the flour in..right there in the pan! What a mess! I took a picture just to show you the mess it was...flour and half cooked brownies mixed together. Then back in the oven they went for the remainder of the baking time.


Over all the had a pretty good taste, but a really odd gritty, squishy texture! (of course I take credit for the texture)
I think I will probably try these again sometime, but first I have to eat the pan of brownies that I just put in my freezer. I made a half batch (thank goodness!!) and it fit perfectly in a 9x13 pan. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, oh, well, they weren't too impressive anyway! Maybe next time.

-Carissa

2 comments:

Lou Ann Chae said...

Definitely try the recipe again - they were a huge hit when i had to take 12 dozen chocolate cookies to a reception. FYI - 1 and 1/2 recipes of those brownies can be cut into 12 dozen squares! Good to know if you need to feed a crowd.

dee said...

that cracks me up. I made scones and forgot the baking powder. luckily it wasn't a big deal, they were just a little flat.