Saturday, February 27, 2010

Roast and Dinner Rolls

I made the roast tonight and only made one change.  I added potatoes.  Roast is my husbands favorite meal, and if I attempted to not have potatoes in there....well it would not have been pretty. :)
Knowing my husband is not a fan of rosemary I decided to add it in and not tell him...He actually loved this!  He was surprised by the rosemary and said that he thought it gave it a nice different flavor.  He voted this his favorite.  So yes, we'll be making this again!!!

I also found a recipe on PW's blog for dinner rolls and made those.  They were pretty easy to make (yay!) and sweet.  The one thing about them is the bottoms cooked a bit more than I would have liked.  I might cook them for a shorter amount of time next time and also use a different pan. 
Mine also were not as pretty as PW's.  I am not sure what happened....she says the dough is slightly sticky but that you should be able to roll the dough in your hands.  She even shows this in her blog but for me that didn't work.  The dough was crazy sticky so I used my cookie scoop (a mini ice cream scoop) so they weren't nearly as good looking but still tasty!
I also halfed this recipe and got 15 huge rolls!




No comments: