Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fried chicken, twice-baked potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits with honey butter

This was the first time I made fried-chicken and didn’t burn the first piece! I was so proud of myself! A tip for the chicken: do not underestimate the amount of flour that you will need. For the potatoes, I was trying to be conservative with the amount of oil I used on the outside of the potato and apparently I was too conservative. Because there wasn’t enough oil the skin didn’t become shell-like and I could only salvage the inner portion of the potato (arguably the best part of a twice-baked potato!) I wasn’t a big fan of the buttermilk biscuits (most-likely because I forgot I put them in the oven and they baked too long), but I did like the honey butter.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Did it leave your house smelling like grease for days? That is what I was afraid of.

Darby Hawley said...

I really don't like that smell either and it's one of the reasons I don't fry things, but this didn't! I think because a lot of the cooking is done in the oven.