Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simple, Perfect Chili

It was cold and rainy last night and this was the perfect thing to warm us up. I have a chili recipe that I actually love, so I was not going in expecting to like hers, but it was very good. I added an extra can of tomato sauce, seemed a little thick before I even added her masa flour. Now the corn flour did add a nice background flavor, but was it enough to make it worth buying a whole bag of it? Not sure.....Guess I can try my hand at making corn tortillas, that was the only recipe on the back of the bag! We are going on a camping trip in a few days and the rest of this will be perfect for over the campfire! Oh, I did use her suggestion about adding one can of diced tomatoes, and one can of beans. All the seasonings were perfect I thought.
--Carissa

No comments: