Friday, February 19, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese

Mac and Cheese- the real kind- is a BIG treat in our house, usually only at holiday's.  I was intrigued to try her recipe- because my favorite is made with 4 different types of cheeses. 

I cut everything in half and it made a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish worth- plenty for the 3 of us and leftovers.  I also always use the big macaroni and enjoy it more.  The small macaroni noodles seem to get mushier faster.

I made this the day ahead and it dried out a bit too much- I would put it together and cook right away. 

The one mistake I made was I didn't measure the dry mustard- and it had too much in it! But, the taste of the dry mustard was a nice addition.  I also added paprika, just cause we love it.

We will make this one again!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I'm gonna have to try out the big macaroni next time. Looks yummy! Wish I had some right now.