Friday, February 5, 2010

Sour Cream Pancakes

These were good, but the trick is to make sure they are cooked all the way. The first batch was kinda mushy inside, but then the next batch firmed up and was actually very good. There is ALOT of sour cream in the recipe, so the batter had the consistency of slime...but once cooked, a nice refreshing change from regular pancakes. I would make these again.
We ran out...next time I'll make a double batch...not used to doing that with Ina's recipes!
--Carissa

4 comments:

Lou Ann Chae said...

I tried these and my first batch was mushy as well. Second batch was better. They were good and something a little different from regular pancakes. Did you use full fat sour cream or lite?

Carissa said...

I used reduced fat.

Carissa said...

I actually wondered how they would be with yogurt instead for a healthier version. Not sure if that would wrok...or I even thought of using wheat flour to add some heartiness...they had an almost delicate texture.

Lou Ann Chae said...

I was surprised at the small amount of flour and large amount of sour cream. They were almost delicate but I think that is probably the goal. I wouldn't do these regularly but it was nice for something a little different. I used full fat just because I had never tried the recipe but good to know the lower fat works as well.