Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maple Pecan Scones

These turned out great, although I did do a few changes. I patted them out in 2 circles instead of 1 like Ree does. It made 16 like the picture below...then I baked them and 3/4 of the way through the cooking process I glanced at them and they were huge and all running together. So I quickly whipped them out of the oven and cut each one in half and put them back in. So in all I got 32 smaller scones. Perfect for a brunch where you don't want a huge scone. I was taking them to a bible study at church.

Everyone raved about them. The changes I made were to cut out 1/2 a stick of butter, and use 2% milk instead of cream. I thought they were great and didn't need all that extra fat. Oh, and I didn't have maple flavoring..thought I did, but after emptying the spice cabinet, I didn't. And I was in a hurry, so I just made a gaze out of milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. I loved the pecans on top.




No comments: