Thursday, February 11, 2010

Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler

I have made this cobbler twice now. Once for company and once for me and Daniel to try out before we served it to company! Obviously it was delicious or we wouldn't have served it to our company!

I love warm cobblers and pies that you can put ice cream on but I'm usually not the biggest fan of the actual fruit! I know weird but I just love the crust and crunchy topping with the juices from the fruit. Since this is more of a cakey cobbler and not as much fruit we decided I would like this better (than the other one she has on her blog) and it did not fail. It is so delicious and I didn't even mind the blackberries that are in it b/c there's more cake to it and oh don't forget the ice cream!

It was super easy as well which is a huge plus! I used frozen blackberries once and a combo of blueberries and blackberries the other time. And to make it a little healthy I used fat free milk. Mine got significantly browner on top after it baked than the picture but it was perfect. It got rave reviews from my former co-workers!

So, if you're looking for a simple and yummy dessert don't pass this one up!

sorry no picture!

No comments: