Monday, February 8, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese


I've been on the lookout for a great macaroni and cheese recipe for a while, and this one did not disappoint us. I really liked the addition of the dry mustard, which is something I haven't tried before. As you can see from the photo, my son "helped" me prepare this dish. He likes to "dig" with measuring cups whenever I pull out the flour, so he was busy doing that while I was putting together the mac and cheese. All of a sudden, I heard him gasp and I looked over to find his face covered in flour. I'm not sure how he did it, but he managed to breathe in a mouthful of the stuff...am I a bad mommy for clicking a photo of his shocked face before I brushed it off? :) Final thoughts on the mac and cheese: The full recipe makes a lot - I froze probably 3 dinners' worth, which I'm looking forward to using (and mixing in some of Ree's suggested additions!).

1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

That is very funny--does look like he did a face dunk!