Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls



Even though I made these last week it's taken me this long just to come off the sugar high long enough to post to the blog! I made half a batch last Wednesday and took PW's advice in the column and froze the rest for breakfast Saturday. I took them to MOPS Thursday, to a few friends and still had more than we could eat on Saturday and Sunday for breakfast and dessert. (Read...this makes a ton, unless you are feeding a small army, make half)
I would suggest using 1/4 less butter and less sugar. It was just a bit much! I'm not exactly sure why my rolls didn't look pretty like hers. I for some reason wasn't able to roll them as tight. Any suggestions on this? Do you cool the dough before you start? Otherwise they were amazing. Oh, almost forgot, the icing! Loved the icing but I didn't put coffee in it. I hate coffee so wasn't going to take a chance on it, even if "you can't taste it," which is what everyone that likes coffee always replies. I also used maple syrup instead of maple flavoring. I had a little pure maple syrup left over from Ina's Maple Oatmeal Scones.
I will definitely make this again using less butter, less sugar and I'll half the recipe.

3 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

Dee these looks so yummy!!!!! I can't wait to try these also!

Anne said...

I said the same thing when I made them last week. Less butter and sugar. :)

I did put the coffee in because I'm a coffee lover and I could taste a hint of it. My girlfriends family who I gave half of my "half batch" to said they didnt taste the coffee so I don't know. Maybe it was because I knew which flavor to look for.

** this really did make a ridiculous amount but I froze the small amount that I kept and they seem to heat well so far.

Shannon Boyer said...

thanks for the tips- these are on the menu for next Saturday's breakfast :)