Friday, September 18, 2009

Your Resident Blog Lady Checking In...

Hi all, it's your friendly blog putter-together/manager/whatever you want to call me.  Since it's been about a week since this blog first launched and everyone has been so good at posting and participating, I thought I'd check in with you all. 

If you have ideas of things to add to the blog, questions, or suggestions to make the page better/cuter/more interesting, please let me know.  I am by no means a blogging expert, but I will definitely do my best to help, and if I don't know the answer, I'll try to find it. 

Great job on blogging, everyone, and thanks to Carissa and Ruth for this great idea.  I can tell this is going to be a great experience for all of us!

7 comments:

Carissa said...

My only thought is that the yellow wording under each post (where it says who posted & how many comments there are) is a little hard to read. I have to squint a little to see it well. Could that be in a darker color?

Janice Johnson said...

I like to click under the subscribe to quickly look at posts and all comments--but have not figured out if there is a way to actully subcribe by email to the comments, so you know when a new one has been posted?

Thanks for putting this all together, Amy--and for helping me with adding videos. The site is so pretty, I really enjoy following it--I check it several times a day. I feel like Cook a Book is my new friend!

Unknown said...

Carissa, yes, I can darken the yellow color. I'll give it a shot and let you know when it's done so you can tell me if you like it.

Janice, yes, blogger allows me to add up to 10 email addresses to receive email notifications each time a comment is posted. I'll go ahead and add you; let me know if you want to be removed later on-- it can be a lot of comments some days. :)

Obviously, this is limited to 10 people; wish I could expand it to more people, but I don't know that there's a way to do that in the system. If any of the rest of you want to be added, let me know, and I'll keep adding until I get to the 10 people mark.

And thanks for the compliments on the site. It's been fun working on it; I'm definitely learning as I go.

Janice Johnson said...

just a note--I think Carissa put me on to get the post updates by email, but I don't get the comments sent by emaial--but she said she does not either--so is that possible to get comments too?

Unknown said...

I just added you to the comments list. Let me know if you don't start getting some commmenting emails soon. Carissa should be receiving them also. I'll check and make sure.

Unknown said...

Carissa, I made the yellowish/gold text color darker. Let me know if this helps and is dark enough to be read easily now. If not, I'll try again.

Ruth Lee said...

Great job, Amy!!