Monday, September 14, 2009

Got my dinner party planned!

Hey there Houston area girls--I am Carissa's mom and a lover of cooking. I am so happy Carissa and Ruth Lee let me represent the Tyler branch of the cooking club! I was enraptured with the new movie, "Julie and Julia"--so this club is just what I am in the mood for. My first recipe, to honor the movie and Carissa's father's 60th. birthday on Thursday Sept.17th., will be Ina's version of Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon (p.122). (I must learn to pronounce this better before the dinner party!) We will be having 10 at our spectacular (hopefully!), intimate, birthday dinner, so I will need to extend the recipe some. I look forward to telling you all about the party meal on Friday!--I might even try adding a video clip and see if that works...

3 comments:

dee said...

I'm going to make that tomorrow night. I'm so excited to give it a try. We have had a few fillets in the freezer from Omaha that are calling my name!

Janice Johnson said...

Dee--what do you plan to serve with your BB? I am still debating on the sides for my dinner...

thanks--janice

Sheila said...

Good luck ladies! I can't wait to hear how it turns out for both of you! And Janice, I hope the party goes great! Looking forward to seeing pictures! By the way, I am a HUGE fan of your daughter! I think she is beyond wonderful! : ) XO