Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Raspberry Corn Muffins


So this may seem like a funny recipe to try for my first recipe, but I looked in my pantry and had all the ingredients to make it! Amazing. Never happens that way. I already like this recipe. :) Plus, this was an easy sell for me to make since I LOVE cornbread and jams. The recipe was very easy to make. And if I could do it with my 1 and 2 year old girls awake, running around, and wanting to help, then I know anyone can do it. The only comments I have to make are about the preserves and piping it in. Was very easy, but I would use a longer pastry tip with a wider opening. I used a star tip, since this is what I had, and I don't think I got the preserves down as far as I could have. I had alot of preserves left over, so I know I didn't use enough. But the combination was delicoius. I used Harry and David's Black Raspberry Seedless Preserves. Normally, I would just use the store brand or smuckers, but we had this as a gift from someone. Anyway, I really think this brand made a difference because the texture was so smooth, not clumpy, and very yummy. Ina had recommended using a good brand of preserves, as well. The actual taste was delicious. Both my girls devoured them, so I would give this a 2 thumbs up. I will definitely make this again. And lastly, ...Yeah! I finished my first post ever on a blog! Yes, I am a little behind on the times.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Don't feel alone, my first post ever was on this site too, we can be behind the times together. I had to have an hour long lesson on how to do it though! :)

Sheila said...

Congrats!!! And you get a gold star! I started this one and it morphed into somethings completely different! : ) Funny we both made these yesterday! Well, you made it. Ha!

Jenny said...

Adorable pic! Looks like restaurant quality.

dee said...

Oh how I enjoyed these today. I'm glad you brought me one. Super Delish!