Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Roasted Carrots

Tonight I had planned on making the Filet of beef bourguignon but chickened out. So I made the Roasted Carrots. Everyone involved in this that knows me well knows that the Howell family does not do veggies. So I'm sure a few of you just choked on whatever you had in your mouth. In fact, on Monday at the zoo with a good friend I was discussing Parker not liking veggies and acting as if they were poison. My friend turned to me and asked if I had eaten any veggies at all the entire time I was pregs with him. I smiled and told her that Luby's does consider mac n cheese a veggie. Okay so back to the carrots. Chris loved them and said, "Dude, these are great!" Kinsey refused to eat them. I also loved them. I used crinkle cut frozen instead of fresh, don't judge! They were still fabulous. We had them with Italian breaded chicken and cheese ravioli with Knorr's Parma Rosa sauce. The only thing I will do different next time is possibly use fresh carrots and take into account that they really shrink more than I expected.

2 comments:

Ruth Lee said...

Great photos - of course! :)

Sheila said...

Luby's DOES consider mac and cheese a veg- totally justified! : ) Your photos are awesome btw, are you photoshopping? : ) .... me too : )