Thursday, September 17, 2009

Video of my herbs

Ok, now get ready for a good laugh--I sounds so, so corny on this video, (I am sorry to embarrass you, Carissa!) but I wanted to do a trial video before I video all my guests at dinner tonight...so I videoed my herb garden. (David has got a good birthday laugh over this already!)
I noticed that so many of Ina's recipes call for fresh herbs, and it has been so nice to just go outside to my garden and cut them, that I wanted to encourage you all to grow herbs, in pots or in the ground. They are very easy to grow, and the cost of one plant is about the same as buying one bundle in the grocery store...so even if you kill the plant in a couple months, you will probably still come out ahead money-wise. Also, your kids will love to help you plant and cut your herbs. My granddaughters walk by Carissa's basil plants, and know they can just pluck a leaf and eat it--and they often do!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Your garden is gorgeous! Now I know where Carissa gets it from! : )

Shannon Boyer said...

How wonderful! I never dreamed herbs could grow so big and look like regular plants! I can't wait to do that in our new house!