Monday, September 28, 2009

Sugar Snap Peas with Sesame

A few nights ago we were having fried rice for dinner (using our leftovers from the Indonesian Ginger Chicken recipe), and I thought the sugar snap pea recipe would be a great accompaniment.  This has to be one of the easiest reipes ever, so if you're nervous about this whole cooking thing, this would be a great recipe to start with. 

I wasn't able to find fresh sugar snap peas at my grocery store, so I used frozen.  I defrosted them by putting them in water for about 10 minutes, and then dried them off well.  Then I added the sesame oil and sesame seeds.  At this point, I took a taste and my husband and I both determined that it needed a little something more.  So, I added salt and also a little red wine vinegar (my husband's idea).  These ingredients made all the difference.  This was a very tasty, healthy salad.  It's something I will definitely be making again. 




1 comment:

Carissa said...

you give me hope for this recipe...I was thinking I might not even try it with all the not so hot reviews that is has gotten! I also have had trouble finding them fresh...good to know that the frozen work too!