Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pan-Fried Onion Dip

This is my first blog entry so hopefully it works!

Yesterday I made the onion dip for our small group snack. It was actually very easy to make just get ready to cry a little when cutting up the onions!

Here is a picture of the caramelized onions.....I did it the 10 min on medium and then the 20 min covered on low-medium. It worked perfectly I thought.


I had looked at the reviews on foodnetwork.com and they were all really good but said to double the recipe so that I did. Afterwards I was a little worried because it was a lot but no fear the Heights small group ate 85% of it!

Based on reviews from foodnetwork I did not use as much butter and oil as called for. I doubled everything in the recipe except I only put one and a half times as much butter and oil which I even think could have been the original amounts for double the recipe. I also used canola oil because that is all we ever buy because it's healthier than vegetable oil and as far as I know there was no difference in taste.

Oh and just make sure you have your cream cheese at room temp. I think mine could have been a bit warmer as when I mixed it there were little dots of cream cheese. Which in the end didn't matter because you couldn't tell but still!:)

We served with Baked ruffles and Ritz Toasted Chips (main street original) and everyone gobbled them up.
Oh and it is a strong onion taste but a good one if you like onions!

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

This was so yummy! Thanks Haylee for bringing your dish to smallgroup!