Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Salmon with Fennel

Very yummy and easy recipe! My husbands favorite fish is salmon and I am okay with salmon, so we gave this a try. Ina's recipe makes enough for a 10 to 15 people, therefore, we cut the recipe in 1/4.

- 2 pieces of salmon (about a pound total) that were previously frozen.
- 1/2 onion
- 1 fennel bulb (make sure you cut out the core of the fennel and cook until really tender)
- dried thyme (b/c I had it)

I didn't have parchment paper, so I bought some, and it helped! The salmon didn't stick at all.

(This picture was taken before cooking- I forgot to take one after :))

I set my oven to 500 degrees and the fire alarms kept going off, so I lowered it to 450 degrees and it cooked just fine (10 minutes per inch of thickness- ours cooked for 25 minutes). We like our salmon medium-well.

Verdict was that we both enjoyed it- I am an onion lover, but didn't prefer the taste of the cooked onions by themself. I thought the salmon had a wonderful flavor and Danny agreed. We are excited to have found a new way to cook salmon.

No comments: