Saturday, September 19, 2009

French Potato Salad


The thought of potato salad without mayo seemed revolutionary and I was so excited to try it out. We have a lunch after church tomorrow so I thought I would bring the salad as a dish. I tasted it tonight and I LOVE it! It is very refreshing and light. The only thing I changed was that I used white wine vinegar that I had instead of buying a bottle of champagne vinegar and it still tasted great. I also cut the potatoes into bite size pieces instead of leaving them big. I do wish my potato skins would have stayed on the potatoes better to make a prettier presentation. I am wondering if I cooked the potatoes a little too long and that is why the skins began to fall off. Anyways, this recipe gets an A+ from me and we'll see tomorrow what our church friends have to say. :)

PS - For some reason Blogger isn't letting me upload a picture. The "upload" button isn't working so I'll add the pic later.
PSS - So the problem was that to the right of the upload button there is a box to check if you accept the terms of service. I have been uploading pics to Blogger for over a year now, but for some reason I needed to click that box again so that it would let me upload. Just thought I would share that in case it happens to anyone else. :)

2 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

Ruth, I found with my videos, that I sometimes had to click publish two times to get it to upload. So I think if you just try again with the photos, it will probably work.

Jenny said...

I really want to try this. Thanks for the tips. It looks delicious!