Monday, September 14, 2009

Roasted-Tomato Basil Soup


My husband Alex has a meeting tonight so I decided to do a meatless meal for the kids and myself. Had cheese toast to go along with the soup. Flavor of the soup was really good but the kids did not like the texture. I processed it in my food processor for just a few pulses and should have let it run! Was going for coarse and got chunky. I have a tomato basil soup recipe I adapted from LaMadeleine which the kids said is much better although I thought this one was pretty good! I'll be happy to share my other recipe if anyone is interested. Hope this freezes well as I have lots left!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

What a cute bowl! Great photography also.
I wondered when I first looked at that recipe if the texture would be odd since most tomato soups are creamy and smooth. I'll try pureeing mine more when I get to that recipe and see how that does. Thanks for sharing!
--Carissa

Christi said...

Yes, if you could post it, I'd love to get that other tomato basil soup recipe that is similar to the one La Madeline serves.