Thursday, September 24, 2009

Leftover Tomato Basil Soup Tip

Last night we finally ate our last bowl of roasted tomato basil soup that I made for a first course dinner party 6 days ago! Even with serving 10 people (small servings) we still had soup showing up at several more meals for the two of us this past week. But I remembered a little trick last night that made the last bowl a little different. My son, Ben Johnson, served me creamed asparagus soup like this once--he put a spiral drizzle of half and half (a staple in most coffee drinker's refrigerators) on the top of the soup. So I tried it in my tomato soup--and it was beautiful! I just wished I had thought to take a picture before I stirred it in and made my soup into a creamed tomato basil soup. It changed the taste just enough that it felt like a new soup!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

grest tip! I'll have to try this sometime! I love creamy tomatoe soup.

Becky said...

I might have to try that too. As I was eating the soup, I was wondering what it would be like if you added cream to it. Glad to hear that it turned out well for you!