Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baked Virginia Ham

Last night, I made this yummy recipe for dinner. We love meat at our house and I am always looking for new toppings/sauces/marinades for our meats. This one looked yummy and it was yummy!

I was only cooking for 2 people, so I cut the recipe in half and bought a pre-sliced 2 1/2 pound ham. That was the smallest one I could find and it had enough ham for probably 6 people. The hardest part of this recipe was finding the mango chutney in the grocery store. In my local HEB, it was on the aisle with the sauces and marinades. Not on the Indian foods aisle, where one worker sent me, not on the salad dressings aisle, where another sent me, and not with the jelly's, where another sent me!
The best part of this recipe was how easy it was to prepare! You just combine all of the ingredients in the food processor (I have a mini one and half the recipe fit in it), let it mix together well, pour over the ham and bake.
The only thing I would change next time is to let it cook the entire time- we were hungry and the rest of our dinner was ready, so the topping really didn't brown up. But it was still super yummy.
I put this Baked Virginia Ham with the Roasted Fennel with parmesan and White Rice for dinner (this was my quick fix in case the fennel didn't turn out).

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I like the before and after shots of your food! Very creative. :) And props to you trying fennel for your first dish, I've never cooked with it either, you make me want to try it out now.
--Carissa