Monday, September 21, 2009

(Non-Grilled) Salmon Salad


I love any recipe that I can make ahead of time. With 2 toddlers that is a huge bonus. Like Anjali, I didn't grill the fish outside. I just sauteed on a grill pan inside. It tasted so good without being grilled outdoors that I bet it is knockout when it is grilled. We ate it on a bed of salad, kinda like you would do with chicken salad...not sure if that is how Ina wanted it, but it was perfect that way. I will be making this recipe again. I made it about 5 hours before we ate it, and the salmon had marinated in the "dressing" perfectly. It tasted much better 5 hours later than it did when I first made it. I know the picture doesn't do much for it...kinda just looks like an orange blob. But a good blob it is.

Adam said that he really liked it also. The 2 year old scrunched up her nose and pushed the plate away, but the 4 year old asked for seconds...so 3 out of 4 customers were happy!

--Carissa

No comments: