Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Roasted Potato and Fennel Soup

On a day like today where it is rainy and dark, soup is always a great idea! I decided I would try out the potato soup. Again Ina's recipes tend to be large, so I halved this one. I didn't use as much fennel, because that is a new ingredient for me and wanted to make sure that I like it. :) The taste of the soup was terrific, but it wasn't thick enough too me. When I make it again I will either add more potatoes or lessen the chicken broth.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

What did you think about the fennel in there?

Ruth Lee said...

When I tasted a bite of raw fennel it reminded somewhat of licorice. I put 3/4 of the fennel in, as well as the onions, and the overall flavor was great.

Jenny said...

This looks yummy. I bet this has cream in it though. Chris and his dairy allergy is killing me. Perhaps I'll make it anyway and just have it for lunch.